Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I took a ten minute break from wrangling my 2-year old son the other day, and thought it would be good idea to brush my two dogs. They have been shedding like crazy lately, so I figured a quick brushing couldn't hurt.

After only about 7 minutes of brushing, I had the hugest pile of hair piled up on the patio, and I could have gotten lots more if I had the patience to keep holding both dogs in place for much longer. Like I said, this was a break, so I didn't exactly want to over-exert myself. After looking at the pile of hair that I swept up, it vaguely reminded me of something Jim Henson must have had dreams (or maybe nightmares) about.

Any-hoo, I took a couple of pictures with my cellphone and posted them below. Enjoy!

p.s. - as scary as it sounds, if I had brushed my cat for the same length of time, it would have produced twice as much hair as you see in the picture there. I keep waiting to brush the little guy into oblivion, but it never seems to happen. He just keeps producing more hair!