Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I've recently been listening to a lot of bluegrass tributes to everything from 80's classics to Modest Mouse. And as cheesy and nerdy as that sounds, these songs I've been listening to are pretty damn good! Even though my title pokes fun at bluegrass, I have always appreciated it for the sheer talent that I've seen in almost all bluegrass musicians. No one 'type' of musician has really imporessed me more with their mastery of their respective instruments, and while my personal tastes lean toward heavier music, I can also appreciate great musicianship when I see it no matter what the genre. 


Here is one of the songs that first got me looking at this sub-genere of music, and something I'm glad I found while randomly surfing for new music to listen to. It's certainly led to hours of enjoyment so faqr, and will probably be paying me back for many days to come. Enjoy this and some of the other links I've posted!