Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Getting ready for a new baby

It's been a while since I posted, and I figured I'd better get back in the habit before I put it down for good. I made a 'sort of' resolution to start and keep up with a blog, and although I haven't always posted as often as I like, I'm not going to let it discourage me from keeping it going, even if my posting is more sporadic than I had hoped.

The past week, I've been giving a lot of thought to all the work/shopping I need to do to get ready for our new baby in July. We're going to have to combine our office and guest room to make room for another nursery for the new baby, and because the rooms are so small at my house, it's going to be a feat of engineering to get all of the stuff crammed into one room. I've still got to find a futon and mattress (not enough room for the office stuff with a full bed), consolidate both my computer and my wife's computer to one desk (probably hers, since mine is busted), get everything in my huge desk cleaned out/thrown away, selling our old bed, moving the new futon into the room, painting the office... whew! I'm making myself tired just thinking about it.