Monday, February 25, 2008

Great bedtime music


I'm not known for my musical tolerance. I like what I like, which is often more on the rock/heavy side of the musical spectrum. As you can imagine, I have trouble with the typical bedtime CDs that I sometimes use to put my son to sleep. I think that if i hear the Kenny Loggins CD, Return to Pooh corner, one more time, I might lose it.

It's a great CD in the sense that it's pretty even volume throughout, and does have nice, soft, and (arguably) relaxing melodies that help get him to sleep. But what about me? I'm a ball of nerves after 3-4 songs, so it's having the opposite effect on me. Enter the perfect 'baby' gift for new parents: Rockabye Baby CDs!

Someone has taken popular rock bands and recorded their songs using some sort of xylophone/vibraphone thingy, and released tons of great CDs that can be used to lull the little ones to sleep at bedtime, with the added benefit of not driving me crazy! :)

Check out the site here to see all of the cool CDs that they've made. There are even some audio samples of some of their more popular CDs on the front page, to give you an idea of what they sound like (it may sound like kind of a weird concept, but believe me, they are pretty cool).