Saturday, June 28, 2008

Unusual Hotels of the World


I found a neat website that shows some of the more unusual hotels of the world. I've only stayed at one of these (the Boulders in Arizona), but I'd love to stay in even a fraction of these before I die. Check out the site to see some of the cool places you can stay around the globe.

There is actually one place close to Austin that my wife and I stayed in before we got married: The Sunrise Exotic Animal Ranch, which I think should be included on the list. They have a few rooms available at their Bed & Breakfast, but the Treehouse is definitely the crown jewel.

My wife and I got there after dark, so we had no idea that we were right amidst the animal habitats - at least until we were sitting on the porch after settling in and started hearing all of the strange noises around us! To top it off, the next morning when we woke up and went onto the porch, we were eye-level with a giraffe that was only about 20 yards away! If you're ever in the area, the ranch is just outside of Austin, near Dripping Springs.