Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I'm constantly reading a lot of parenting articles - some of them I agree with, some of them...not so much. I ran across an old article I had bookmarked and finally got a chance to read through it last night. It's certainly an article that strikes a chord with me, mostly because it's focus is on helping you become a positive influence to your children so that they grow up to be confident and engaged in their own lives, which hopefully means that they will lead a happier, more productive existence.

Most of these tips are pretty general, but pretty much line up with how I want to raise my kids. I feel that my parents gave me a similar upbringing, which I am forever grateful for, and I hope that I can do a good enough job to pass on some of life's lessons to my children in a way that makes them better people. Here is a link to the article, and the site itself has some other great articles covering all facets of life and advice on how to live it better.