Tuesday, August 19, 2008


I was just reading a semi-disturbing article on Wired about the new royalty rates for internet webcasters. I had only partially paid attention earlier in the year when there was some buzz around the new legislation to enforce these new rates, but didn't think it would cut off the bigger players like Pandora.
While I'm not a Pandora user, I do use a similar program that gives me recommendations for new music based on what I'm listening to, and I have found some OUTSTANDING bands that I would not have heard before (presumably). I hope that this gets worked out, because I've all but given up on regular radio. Sure, it's great if you want to hear classic songs or like mostly pop music, but if you have more wide-ranging musical tastes, regular radio doesn't offer much these days, in my opinion.

Check out the Wired story here.