Friday, March 21, 2008

As I read yet another story about a disturbance at Chuck E. Cheese, it struck me that there seem to have been lots of incidents at that particular restaurant lately. I have frequented this place with my kid before (admittedly only once), and never saw anything quite like the stories linked below.

I'm convinced that they are putting something in the pizza that drives adults wild. How else could you explain all of these recent incidents? Maybe the restaurant attracts a greater proportion of crazy people. Or maybe the only people that would take their kids to one of these after reading all of these links are crazy by definition. Who knows? All I know if that nothing that exciting has ever happened when I've been to that place, but maybe I'll have a front row seat to a good tasering one day.


Here are some examples of what you're missing out on if you've never been:

Taser Incident - nothing goes with salad like a few thousand volts. Gives it that extra kick!

Spitting Incident - now this one is just scary.

Attempted Kidnapping - again, just scary.

Big Brawl - Ahh. There we go - a good, old fashioned, 80-person brawl.

Another Brawl - Girl fight!!!

An Update on the Big Brawl location (above) - Wow. Maybe I'm going to the wrong Chuck E. Cheese. Favorite quote from the article: "Flint Township police say they were called 30 separate times to Chuck E. Cheese last year. The cases range from assault to disorderly conduct to even one case of criminal sexual conduct." Sounds like good family fun! :)

Another great location - Apparently, just like Flint Township, Milwaukee knows how to throw a proper pizza party too :)

Abandoned! - Seriously - this one actually breaks my heart, especially when I see that cute little face. :(

Wait! Me Too! - not to be outdone by Flint Township and Milwaukee, Gulfport gets in on the action too!

Wild, wild west - this is also another scary one involving a shooting.