Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Painting


I have spent the past few days and cleaning out our office to make room for our new baby. We'll be moving my 1 year old to the former office while the new baby will get his room. Of course, true to fashion, we chose a very dark color (navy) to go over the previous white paint, so I'm having to paint several coats to get tings even looking. Other than the paint, I also wanted something to make his room a little nicer, so my wife and I bought a wallpaper border to run around the middle of the wall where the color changes from navy to light blue.

I'm not sure if the border will be enough for my (admittedly little) artistic sensibilities. Since the boy currently has a mural in his room now, I would like something similar in his room now, but don't have the money to pay someone to do it (even if I do have some artistic sensibilities, I have no artistic talent).

However, I was surfing over at Wired's Geek Dad blog and saw these cool wall decals. We can add to the jungle theme on the wallpaper border without having to paint a full mural! Yay!